Saturday, September 6, 2014

Yesterday was Teachers day.... Reminiscing about my school days, I remembered an incident which touched me and which I will nvr forget...... I was in 9th or 10th standard..... there was an inter school science  projects competition..... and I was
selected to be a part of the
school Chemistry  project.... after everything  was ready (and I had put in a lot of hard work) my chemistry  teacher who was really ill tempered for no rhyme or reason, in one of her famous outbursts(she probably took out all her frustrations on students), threw me out of the team.... I was shocked and more than that hurt.... although I must have been around 14 or 15 years old I could not control  my tears and was standing on the staircase landing with my eyes welled in tears as I had done nothing wrong and was excited at the prospect of taking part in the exhibition and this had come as a rude shock to me...... Suddenly  my Biology teacher Mrs Mehta was passing  from there.... she asked me lovingly  what had happened.... with tears in my eyes I told her what had transpired.... She comforted me and told me to join her team....... . I was so touched...... what an extreme contrast of behavior...... finally I took part in the exhibition  and also got a certificate as a part of the biology project team although I  had contributed nothing in that project..... I was deeply touched and will never forget this all my life... Even otherwise she was a great teacher.... one of the best and an even better  human being who genuinely knew what teaching is all about and what all it entails.... As I am recalling this incident my eyes are again moist...... albeit this time with happiness, love, regard and gratitude for such a great teacher.... Love U.. respected Mrs Mehta.....I hold u in high esteem and will continue to do so  till the last breath  of my life..... Regards....
lf only I could meet you again for I hv no clue about ur whereabouts  since u left the school long time back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment